Wednesday 9 November 2016

Challenge 28, Week Four

Hello everyone, and welcome to the final week of Challenge Twenty-Eight on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog. Thank you so much for your visits and lovely comments throughout the month, we appreciate your support, and really enjoy reading what you have to say. We hope that you have been enjoying the current challenge. There is still plenty of time to enter, and be in with a chance of winning a £15 voucher to spend at Chocolate Baroque. You can add your entries to the link in this post.

We are taking a look at some of the entries that we have received for the challenge so far, and providing you with some more inspiration to give you a few ideas when making your own entries for the challenge.

Shirley has made a beautiful Christmas card incorporating one of our Steampunk Christmas images. She has used white embossing as a resist, and the design really pops against her vibrant background:
Joan has created a lovely scene using grasses, and added a large flower as a focal point. She has used the yellow as her main colour in the card, and so it has a completely different feel to Shirley's.
Janny's sea-themed card was created using Brushos for the background, and she also used Brushos to paint the images too.

This month it is Julie's turn to introduce herself to you and tell you a little bit more about herself.
Compared to a few of my team mates I am relatively new, as I have only been a Chocolate Baroque Team member since March 2015. Receiving the phone call from Lesley, telling me that I had been given a place on this fabulous Design Team made me so incedibly happy. I will be forever grateful to her for giving me the chance as I had had no previous Design Team experience.


Arts and crafts have always been of interest to me. I have fond childhood memories of messing around at the kitchen table with various painting and craft creations, along with 'helping' my Dad at every opportunity with all of his decorating projects.

I love all things paper-craft, with stamping being my number one passion, however I enjoy dabbling with other crafts, especially beading, as I feel that the two combined crafts can turn projects into a real gift. I am always on the look out for things that I can up-cycle and have found some fantastic buys in my local supermarket in the home ware reduced section.

Like most crafters I am always on the look out for inspiration and usually find it from looking at my surroundings, especially when I am out walking my six year old Border Collie, Ellis. If I could spend a day exactly how I wanted, I would spend the morning in my craft room followed by a long walk accompanied by Ellis, and then a lovely meal out with my Husband and Daughter.....perfect!

Thanks Julie, it was great to read about your interests, and to get to know you a little better. You can find Julie's blog here.

Magda has created some super Diwali cards for us, using this month's challenge colours. The added sparkle is a great finishing touch:


We will be back next week with a brand new challenge , but we hope to see lots more entries from you in the meantime. If you have any questions, and cannot find the answers on the blog pages, please send us a private message using the contact form located at the very end of this post; you will see it after the comments section.








4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Diwali cards Magda, love the colour and textures you've created! :) And happy to meet you Julie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card from Magda, and wonderful challenge entries, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful samples and so nice to read some of you Julie! xx Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful works of art, love them all and expecially that Shirley's card, love these sweet colours and the amazing tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, we all really appreciate it